- A read-in and visualization tool for PDS4 data
- Available stand-alone, no installation necessary, on Windows, Mac and Linux
- Supports all** PDS4 data (images, spectra, arrays, tables)
- Summary View: displays a summary of the available data structures in the label, giving various options to view them
- Image View: displays N-dimensional images and spectra, allowing for zoom, rotation, pan, axis-inversion, colormap manipulation, scaling, etc.
- Table View: displays all PDS4 tables and arrays as tables, including arbitrarily nested GROUP fields (sub-tables).
- Plot View: allows plotting PDS4 table columns against each other, including error bars.
- Label View: Easy, human-readable, access to meta-data (such as structure labels, display settings and spectral characteristics, etc.)
Contact Lev Nagdimunov with questions or comments regarding this tool.
Latest version, 1.3, was released on October 10, 2021.
Windows 7, 8 and 10 are supported.
Download for Windows 64-bit: .
Mac OS X
Mac OS X 10.13 (High Sierra) through 11 (Big Sur) are supported.
Download for Mac OS X (newer): .
Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) through 10.12 (Sierra) are supported.
Download for Mac OS X (older): .
**Mac OS X 10.14.6 is currently unsupported, due to a significant upstream bug.
RedHat 7+, CentOS 7+, Fedora 19+, Ubuntu 13+, Mint 15+, Debian 8+, openSUSE 13+ are supported.
Download for Linux (newer) 64-bit: .
RedHat 6, CentOS 6, and potentially other older Linux distributions.
Download for Linux (older) 64-bit:
If you use a Linux distribution other than those above, and neither of the above versions work for your distribution, you can run the viewer from Python, available here.
The source code, which is written in Python, is available for download.
Extract the ZIP file. Double click on "pds4_viewer.exe".
On newer Windows versions a Security Warning may popup. Click 'Run' or click 'More Info' and then 'Run' to ignore the warning.
Mac OS X
Extract the ZIP file. Double click on "pds4_viewer.app".
On newer OS X versions a Security Warning may popup, which will not allow you to proceed. Instead hold the 'Control' key, then click on the app icon again and choose 'Open' from the shortcut window.
Extract the ZIP file. Add permissions to execute (via "chmod +x pds4_viewer") and then double click on "pds4_viewer" or run it from command line.
An 'Operation not permitted' error can be emitted when /tmp is mounted as noexec; the following link provides for a workaround.
Supported Data Structures
PDS4 Data Standards >= v1.0 are supported.
PDS3 Data Standards are not supported.
The table below lists the main PDS4 data structures and the current status.
|Structure||Read-in||Display as Table||Display as Image||Display Columns as Plot|
|Array||Yes||Yes||Yes, N-dims||Yes, 1-D only|
|Table_Binary||Yes, except BitFields||Yes||No||Yes|