This site may be down for up to an hour for network maintenance during the period
February 2013 Migration Workshop
This goal of this workshop is to have participants work through creating a complete label for a data product to be migrated. It will include working with discipline and mission dictionaries, as appropriate, and validation via the schema-aware editor. At the end, the participants should have a label that can then be turned into a template for converting large numbers of similar labels, or a final product label for a document product.
Time and resources permitting, we will also be validating using the PDS EN validation tool, as well as creating collection and possibly bundle product labels.
I've downloaded copies of the reference files we'll be using for the workshop. You'll probably want them loaded up either in a browser or on your desktop for ready reference. You can download all of them in a zip file, or look at them individually from this URL:
This is a version-consistent set. That is, all the files are based on the 0.3.0.0.a version of the Information Model - the one we're supposed to be testing.
Also included is the migration_DS_listV2.xls spreadsheet file, which has been updated with bundle and collection IDs for all the migration test data sets.
I plan to address these on the Wiki pages in the new few weeks. Feel free to add more questions as they come up.
- Where are the rules for creating new LIDs?
- What do I put for Internal Reference LIDs in the Observing System Components?
- What do I do with values in the PDS3 label that don't have PDS4 "pds:" namespace equivalents?
- How do I use a local data dictionary?
- Where are the local data dictionaries?
- What happens to the PDS3 catalog files?
- What do I do with the non-data directories in the PDS3 data set?